Saturday, October 22, 2011

Week 7: Text for Project 2

Main Narrative
            On a cool winter’s eve, striking 9 p.m. a young scraggly male about the age of 23 enters the 7-11 on the corner of Sunset Boulevard and Vine Avenue. A black nylon mask, a dark navy blue sweatshirt and a pair of black jeans hide his ugly long and lanky alien body. Tucked with care inside the front of his pants, lies a shiny silver pistol that was stolen. Surveying the parking lot and gas pumps he sees that no one is around on this dreary night. He enters the gas station and notices a young woman working behind the counter. As his eyes dart to her, he sees that she is obnoxiously smacking away on her bright pink bubble gum while reading a magazine. Walking around the store his nerves start to consume him as his hands begin shaking and his legs begin to feel like twigs beneath him causing him to knock into everything around him. The chick says something to him but his mind is consumed with other thoughts. His peripheral notices headlights coming into the parking lot which signals that it is time. He rushes to the counter, slides his hand cautiously into the front of his jeans and pulls out the cold weapon. He raises the gun and says, “Give me everything you have right now! Do as I say or you will regret not listening.” The woman, frightened, throws the magazine down and begins opening the cash register. She whispers with a crack in her voice, “Whatever you do, please don’t hurt me.” The man is just as nervous as his arm and gun are violently shaking. Just as the bag is being handed over the counter, the glass door creeks opens and in walks an older man. Time stands still. Out of nowhere the man begins stampeding like a heard of elephants towards him while yelling gibberish as he tries to tackle him to the ground. He outwits the man as his youthful body allows him to dodge out of the way while at the same time causing him to lose his balance as he hits the floor. Rising, he finds himself again and runs out of the door into the cool, brisk air with cash in hand.

Clerk’s Point of View
            Another boring evening working at the lame 7-11 past supper’s time. I would be the one who is stuck here on a cold, crappy night when clearly no one is going to venture outside any time soon. Daydreaming off into the darkness, a tall black figure is walking across the parking lot. Kind of strange that he is wearing all black with his hood up but I guess it is freezing out. Hope he doesn’t come in here, I don’t feel like dealing with any stupid customers. Plus, these makeup tips in this month’s Cosmo are so much better. Ugh, the door just opened and it’s that lanky dude from outside walking in. Peering above my Cosmo I see that he is awkwardly walking around the store bumping into almost everything in sight. What the hell is wrong with this dude? Is he drunk or something? “Hey, um can you please try not to knock stuff down, I don’t feel like cleaning tonight,” I say. What a prick, he doesn’t even acknowledge me. Whatever, my job does not entail babysitting. Next thing I know this creep is hovering above me screaming something I can’t comprehend as all I can focus on is the fact that a gun is being pointed at my head. What the hell! Now I am really freaking out. Oh my god, what should I do? I am shaking like a leaf and my thoughts are so jumbled.  "Whatever you do, please don't hurt me," I muster out. All I know is that I need to just give him whatever he wants so that he gets the hell out of here. I shove the money into a plastic bag and just as I am about to hand it over to him, I notice out of the corner of my eye that the door is opening. In walks Dusty, the off duty cop that frequently stops in after his shift. Thank God, perfect timing. Now this jerk is going to be locked up forever. As Dusty looks at me and then the gun, he jolts over to the robber and says, “Stop! Do not move! I am a cop!” The dude is too quick for old Dusty though and pushes his way past him, ramming himself into yet another shelf. Composing himself, he runs out the door and into the dark. Thankfully, that was last time I saw that ugly, undeserving piece of crap.
Video Surveillance Point of View
            Time: December 14th at 9:01 p.m. Video recorder set for rotating at about 3 degrees every two minutes. Three hours of tape time left before needing to be replaced. Young female working behind the main counter for the past three hours and counting. No customers for the past half an hour. Parking lot is completely empty. No cars at the gas pumps. Female reading behind the counter looking down. Fast movement towards the far left of the store. Door opens. Customer walks in. Wearing all dark clothing, a dark navy blue sweatshirt with hood up and black jeans. Face is not visible. Customer walks around the store. Up and down aisle one and two. Customer constantly bumps into shelves, knocking things over. Female looks up from the counter, mouth is moving and is looking directly at customer. Customer looks away and continues walking up and down the aisles with no coordination. To the far left, headlights appear in the parking lot. Suddenly, there is movement at the center of the store. Video recorder shifts back and focuses on customer running towards the female at the counter. Customer reaches in the front of pants and pulls out a weapon. Points the weapon at the female. Female positions herself back and seems to be saying something. She begins opening cash register at 9:09 p.m. shoving its contents into a plastic bag. Hands bag to customer. Sudden movement to the far left again as older male walks in the front door. Male begins screaming at customer. Male then lunges at customer. Customer moves out of way, bumping into another shelf and falling. Customer gets up quickly and slides out the door at 9:11 p.m. with bag in hand. Video recorder shifts back and focuses on female and male in the store, continues filming. Female picks up phone and dials while male gets up off the floor and runs out of the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment